LAST UPDATED: October 2022
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- How Your Data May Be Shared
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
- Your Choices
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Other Sites Linked to or Owned by Bro-depot
- How To Contact Us
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available in the footer of nearly every page on our website, and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
Bro-depot collects “Personal Data” and “Non-personal Data” from you when you choose to share it with us. Bro-depot keeps this information completely confidential, and does not share any information submitted for the affiliate program.
Personal Data. Personal Data is information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. Person Data is required when you use register or create an account; set up a “wish list”; purchase products; request information from us; sign up for emails; enter an event or other promotion; fill out a survey; request customer support; receive a gift or shipment from someone who sent it to you via our website; or otherwise communicate with or contact us. We may also connect Personal Data you provide by interacting with us through social media or other forums.
Keep in mind: any comments or reviews that you provide are accessible to all users of the relevant platform and may be visible to others or collected by third-parties, so you should use discretion when posting information and you should not post personal information. If you do post personal information, you do so at your own risk.
“Non-personal Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal profile; and does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, or other technologies to collect Non-Personal about visitors to, and users of, our website and interactions with our emails and online and mobile advertisements, and to allow us to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information. This may include:
- Analytics and Log Files – We may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type and model, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access bro-depot.com, software version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, geolocation, preferred language, and the domain name from which you accessed a Site or App. We also may collect information about your use of the Bro-depot website, including the date and time you visit the Bro-depot website, the areas or pages of a Bro-depot website that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Bro-depot website, your GPS location (if you have enabled location tracking on your device), the number of times you return to the Bro-depot website, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward, or click-through to a Site or App.
- WebBeacons/Tags – We automatically collect aggregate anonymous information through web beacons. We may also deliver a file to you through the Sites (known as a “web beacon”) from an advertising network with which we have contracted. Web beacons allow third parties to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us.
- Targeted Advertising – Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect anonymous information about you through cookies and/or web beacons on our Sites and other sites, and then display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest- based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads, or, to opt out of third-party advertising or analytics, please see section “Your Choices” below.
- Social Media Features – Our Sites include social media features from providers, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok and Google. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
How We Use Information
Bro-depot uses your Personal Data to:
- Provide you with products, information, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive.
- Contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from Bro-depot or on behalf of our third-party partners and affiliates.
- Enable you to participate in a variety of Bro-depot features, such as message boards, other communication features, user-generated content functions, and interactive features.
- Review the usage and operations of our website, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services.
- Enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Bro-depot website.
- Provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Bro-depot website, via email, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services.
- Use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- Address problems with the Bro-depot website or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Bro-depot website and our business.
- Use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud.
- As disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent. Additionally, if you use the Bro-depot website to connect with third-party services, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
How Your Data May Be Shared
We use your Personal Data information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Bro-depot website, or administer activities on our behalf. We do not authorize these third-party service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Co-Branded Relationships: Certain areas of our Bro-depot website may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- Third Parties: We do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your permission.
- Non-Personal Data: We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We regularly monitor our systems for possible attacks and vulnerabilities, but we can’t warrant the security of the data you send us even with the safeguards we have put in place.
SSL Technology – Our website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
- How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information – You can access a variety of your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain it either online, or by contacting our live chat or email@example.com. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- How You Can Request For Your Information To Be Deleted. – You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (provided it is no longer necessary for legal purposes or to provide Services to you). You may place a request by contacting our customer service representatives via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete all your personal data that we are not legally required to maintain within 30 days. We will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before proceeding with deletion. Please realize that if you initialize this request while you have outstanding orders, those orders will be cancelled.
- Opting out of Communications
- Email – Any subscription to various marketing e-mails can be cancelled by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails, changing preferences in the “Your Account” area online, sending a request to email@example.com. You will continue to receive transactional e-mails that are directly related to the processing of your orders
- Catalogs and Regular Mail – We may send you notices and catalogs in the mail. You may remove yourself from receiving Bro-depot materials in the mail simply by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising – If you do not want information about your activity on our sites to be used for tailored advertising, please visit the opt-out page hosted by the Network Advertising Initiative and follow the instructions there.
- Analytics – You may opt-out of Google Analytics by following this link.
- Google AdWords – Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
- Cookies – You may disable, or delete cookies in your Web browser, but doing so may impact the usability of the website. To block cookies, you can also browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
- Events – From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in events, surveys and/or other promotions on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these contests, events, surveys and/or promotions is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice about whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; in those cases, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal data you provide through a contest, events, survey and/or promotion with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
If you live in the EEA, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact email@example.com so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided us.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.
Other Sites Linked to by Bro-depot
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Infinite eCommerce Limited
Primoknit Industrial Building, 7-9 Kung Yip St
Kwai Hing, N.T, Hong Kong